how many of u did'nt have a great relationship with your mum when u were growing up?

was it at all similar to the problem i mentioned in this question i asked earlier?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AuXcP...

m not trying to advertise my question....this is only to know if m being plain rude about my mum or is it a part of growing up...

thanx!

Favorite Answer

In my dreams....my mother died at the age of 33 when I was little. I can hardly remember her. I WISH I had the chance to have gotten to know her. I know I love her because she is my mother, but I don't remember her and that hurts....

My mother and I don't get along at all and she hates me.

She doesn't respect my wishes and thinks anything that I want to do is stupid and doesn't care about my values. She shoved chicken down my throat when i wanted to be a vegetarian and I don't dare mention converting to her because she thinks anything I do is just a sign of rebellion and doesn't believe I actually believe it. She's getting old and lazy though which is my only salvation. She's stood by while my Dad takes out his anger on me with a belt. She doesn't like my boyfriend either because he's so far away but in her case, it's more that she doesn't care. She can never help me and you know what, you should be glad your Mom only verbally oppresses you because my Mom physically oppresses me.

I had a good mum,but I have a Chinese friend who because she was by Malaysian standards a big baby(here in Australia she is average tall)she was treated cruelly by her wealthy mother,beaten,was made to be a slave to her,and to her siblings,even tho there were paid servants,she had to sleep on the floor,in the servants quarters,allowed only a basic education.She Eventually ran away,and fortunately married an Australian serviceman.This is common in Malaysia among Chinese she tells me so don't complain unless your story is like hers.She is now in her 50's and still bears the mental scars.

I had a poor relationship with my Mother. She was always sick and in the hospital a lot. I don't remember ever having a conversation with her or ever getting a hug or her telling me she loved me. My Mother died when I was 14. I miss her a lot!

No I did not have a good relationship with my mom and my grandmother was the one that actually raised me. I stilll call my grandma mom to this day.

i had a terrible relationship with her from bout age 14 - 18 but its improved a lot, i understand where she's coming from

i spent my first 12 years without a dad and the last 18 without a mom. they both alive and we communicate. so what's your problem?

i hate my mom she was banging a guy when i came into foster care then she didn't try to get me back that's why i have server depression disorder

well i had a great relation ship with my mum