If this war is such a disaster, why are over 70% of the troops now serving re-enlisting to continue fighting?

Where is the quagmire?

Favorite Answer

As I am sure you realize there is no quagmire. They are reenlisting because they can see the good we are doing in Iraq and Afghanistan. The only things that make the news are the bad things we don't get to see the schools, hospitals and homes being built or the electrical lines and water lines being rebuilt. We don't get to see that for most Iraqi's thing are just better now than under Saddam's rule. Our troops do see these things that is why they not only reenlist but they vote to support the Commander in Chief.

• Julian

Good question. I would say possibly the benefits, but since I have no personal experience I'll have to borrow my friend's observations: he was a marine and served in Iraq. When he came back to the states he returned to college to finish his studies. He was far behind and sort of struggling, and often commented that being at war was easier than midterms. Well, he still finished school and that was probably just stress talking, but I think the military does offer strict guidelines to live by, and some people can live with that even though there is the danger of war.

In a world where many people feel that they lack purpose in their lives, the Military life can be very appealing and addictive. It can be an escape from the "real" world,even though war contains many very real and sometimes horrific experiences.

They were out there for the good of mankind not at there own whims and fancy with extra ordinary happenings beyond the control of living human kind being overlook on planet earth.

So don't kick them on their butts and do honour them on their returns.

Source(s): decoded from the missing x-files.

Well - that isn't really surprising is it? Isn't 70% about the norm anyway whether the country is at war or not?

I perceive several possible answers to this question.

1. they enjoy their work

2. they have no other options for employment

3. the SRB bonus

Considering that I can find no hard reported statistics on reenlistments, I suspect that your number is ficticious.

Not enought pepole, and the love for the country.

Source(s): Love you America!!!

Guess they enjoy fighting for our country

I think the troops want revenge...

they are being forced to re enlist