Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 decade ago

Effects of Vodka??

How long does it take to feel the effects of 1oz of straight vodka in a person that weights 130 lbs

Favorite Answer

It takes exactly 10 seconds for alcohol to reach the brain.

One ounce is not a lot of alcohol and body weight is not the only thing that determines how a person will be - or how soon they may feel effects of drinking.

The other things that you can consider are how much this person drinks on a regular basis,tolerance to alcohol,any other drinks consumed recently, full or empty stomach, alcoholism history (self or family), any other medications, mixing types of alcohol, etc - there are many factors that would effect people differently even if they weighed and drank the same amount.

I would say that you would feel the general "getting buzzed or drunk" effects within 20 minutes or so

Here is a link for a site that has a chart showing Blood Alcohol Concentration levels based on # of drinks and body weight and it says that these BAC levels are reached within one hour.

Blood Alcohol Concentration Levels

(within one hour of consumption)

http://www.hsc.wvu.edu/som/cmed/alcohol/driving.ht...

Alcohol Info Quiz:

http://www.barnard.columbia.edu/asap/alcoholquiz.h...

*states it reaches brain within 10 seconds

Effects Of Vodka

I dont know why is that I feel the need to answer this question. I'm 16 years old and I went to a party. I got drunk off of vodka and I totally lost control of myself. I never intended on getting drunk, because that's just not me. I thought I could have handled it. People told me it was too storong 4 me. About 5 or 7 sips I was gone. Humping and kissing a boy that I had a big crush on all over the floor. It was so funny but at the same time so embarrasing. Lol I advise you not to mess with Vodka unless you have drunken something stronger and you handled that.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Effects of Vodka??

Source(s): effects vodka: https://tr.im/anLyP

Vodka.... in my opinion it is one of the best drinks... coming to the effects of vodka.. comparitively it has got far less effects with hard drinks like, whisky, gin etc., i ve never tasted vodka straight... probably it may have more effects than the regular vodka with some aerated drink... i really dont know how far the weight of the person determines the effects of the vodka on him/her... in a nutshell vodka tastes good and it takes very little time to feel the effects of straight vodka

It depends on a lot of things: tollerance, stomach content, mentality, age, gender, etc. Everyone is affeceted by different amounts of alcohol differently. One shot isn't that much you may not feel anything. If you have a full stomach especially if you have been eating heavy food like pasta or bread, it may all absorb in the food and you may not feel a thing. If you are trying to get a buzz I would take a few more shots. Unless you are under 21 then put the bozz away.

Source(s): Bartender

one ounce isnt much at all, so im guessing you wont feel much unless you havent eaten in a while or dont normally drink. and usually it doesnt take very long to feel the effects of alcohol if there will be any. 15 min tops.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axHTq

ALL alcohol when drunk in excess can lead to impotence/erectile dysfunction. Alcohol and sex just don't mix well. "alcohol provokes the desire but takes away the performance" William Shakespeare

Depends on your tolerance level. If you have a high tolerance, it won't do anything for you. If you have a medium tolerance, you could feel a slight buzz. If you have a low tolerance, you'll be gone.. hehe..

Well everyone beat me to answering. But Thanx for asking this question, cause im drinkin some this weekend!!