Is vibration bad for laptop?

I have to bring my laptop to school (a 20 min walk) everyday. My laptop is a little bit too heavy for me because I am a petite girl and so I put it in a roller bag and roll it to school.

But the road is not smooth all the time and so the entire bag, including my laptop, is being shaked for 20 min.

In the back of my head I sort of remembered that vibration is bad for laptop. Is that true? Will the things inside of the laptop get lossen up and won't work properly one day?

Favorite Answer

yes, indeed > it's gonna kill it sooner than later

> should say., u've been lucky so far

the way u'r describing its travels, it should conk out very soon !

2 options

1) get a shoulder bag that you can strap u'r laptop across u'r back

2) get a lighter notebook

>> the dell xps m1210 is pretty decent but expensive

$ 1,200

http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetail...

. . . take a decision either way, before it's too late

even the inspirion e1405 is 5.5 lbs & costs $ 629

http://www.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx...

>>> school discounts should reduce prices some bit !

yeah any vibration is bad for a computer even more so the laptop, since the drive heads in the hard drive, will be getting slammed into the drive disk.

im not sure what a roller bag is, but i have a rucksake bag for my laptops, that have padded sides, and it held in mid air int the bag to cut down any vibration it may get.

hope this helps.

You should plug off its hard disk and put it in you pocket. its a small in size. When you reach your school plug it back because only hard disk effect from vibration

Better you should keep it in a bag place sponge around it before travell

Vibation is more bad for the laptop when it is turned on lattest laptops are now comming with shockproof technology. Accordingly to this technology hard disk turns off for a while when laptop shakes.

Well ....if the laptop is carried in the special bag designed for laptops will be protected . Otherwise .....in time you may encounter some problems with ur laptop.

yeh it is. is ur roller bag stuffed with spong if then no probllem if not stuff it ok?