Something You Might Want To Consider Before You Call Dissenters Traitors?

This quote is from a personal hero of mine, a great Republican president.

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Teddy Roosevelt

What do you think?

The last time I left the house? All day today. I work with vets in re-hab.

not coming back, I'm not dissenting anything here. And I'm not a liberal and would never condole leaking classified anything. What I am is a free-thinking moderate.

• notme
    Favorite Answer

Teddy got it spot on.

Look a dissenter is not necessarily a traitor, but a traitor is always a dissenter. Leaking classified information that puts this country at risk is not dissent, it is traitorous. Screaming names and making up lies about the president is not dissenting, it is moronic.

Many conservative criticize President Bush without resorting to traitorous actions and a few, sadly few, Democrats criticize him without resorting to traitorous actions. Just as with Bush, conservatives and sadly few Democrats criticized Billy Bob without being traitorous, but today many liberals resort to traitorous actions that they mistaken believe is dissent.

• tiko

I agree. Don't mean to meddle--I'm Canadian after all--but it really is an important belief for anyone, American or otherwise. We quite openly criticize our prime ministers. It's a Canadian pastime!

I will stand behind him.If he said lets jump off a bridge I would still be standing.

• I think that constructive criticism is good. Name calling and unjustified opinions are inane and make the one doing it look retarded.

Your dissenters are leaking classified information that helps our enemies. Do you want us to be thankful for them? they suck

And the last time you left the house was....?