What was it like when you first moved out of your parents house?

Favorite Answer

Very Fun, i was 19 and the sudden independence was awesome, but then it wore off quickly and I found myself wanting to be around my mom and spending almost more nights at HOME than at my place. It's hard sometimes but you get used to it.

:o)

When I first moved out, I kept going home to eat dinner nightly. My mom's a good cook. But a short time later, she suggested that why don't I come home for dinner a few nights from then.

It's a little lonely at first, but then it becomes your home.

I decorated my kitchen with paper pineapples/colorful ribbons/hanging glass objects/ and painted lizards! Live it UP!

• Kuji

In a lot of ways I barely noticed. I spent years bouncing from one relative or friend to another. The only thing that really changed was I started paying rent.

It was like Spring Break....except it lasted about 8 months.

It was both great and scary... My parents moved to the other side of the earth.. and I got my own place with a roomate.... so I was really on my own... nevertheless.. it was great.... it was definetly freedom.. :-)

Yep freedom could do anything I wanted. No better feeling. Of course more responsibility too...but its worth it!

Like being born again.

it was amazing because of the fun i felt with my friends-- especially my girlfriend; however,

it s not about just freedom u get but it s about being independent...

It was the most important,wonderful and liberating thing I ever did!

after getting my B.Tech degree and Job