Tricia H asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

I want to know if i should see a doctor after I had a miscarraige,what would happen if i didn't?

6 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    It can have a very negative impact on the next child you concieve.

    My mother had a miscarriage between my older brother and myself. After the misscarriage, the doctors never gave her the rhesis antibody injection (my father is of a positive blood group, and my mother is a negative, therefore any children they concieve together would be of a positive blood group), and because of this when she concieved me, her body treated me as if I was an infection. I nearly died at birth.

  • 1 decade ago

    You must see your doctor. If there are any traces of fetus tissue or old blood in there u can get an infection and become extremely sick and die if not treated. U will be given a curette (medical staff will scrape the lining of your uterus to remove dead blood cells) and this will be all under anaesthetic.

    Death is rare, but i have heard about it happening. You can end up in hospital tho - better safe than sorry.

    Nothing to be afraid of, go get it done ASAP!

  • 1 decade ago

    As an ob/gyn nurse I'm urging you to go to your doctor or a clinic and be seen IMMEDIATELY. If you don't go you run the risk of infection and impairing your fertility in the future and even death. It's never easy to loose a child ( i have experienced this myself) but you really need to be evaluated ASAP. I would also urge you to seek out a support group to help you threw this terrible time. I'm so sorry for your loss, please take care of yourself and see your doctor IMMEDIATELY. Good luck.

  • liza
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

    You need to see a doctor You can get a infection and not be able to have children in the future. I have been there and done that. I will not say that is is a nice thing to go through but you need to go.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    of course you should! you may need to make a smear test to check if uterus is clear.

    I had a miscarraige last year and stayed two days in hospital for observation.

  • Yes you should see a doctor. It's mostly precautionary, they want to make sure that it wasn't because there's a problm with your uterus, or tubes. If you don't go in, you might be perfectly fine, or you might risk irreversable injury. You don't have to, but it's in your best interests if you have the means.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.