When you were a kid, what was the scariest monster in the world?

Favorite Answer

the one that was under my bed, but I couldnt tell you what it looked like becasue I was too scared to look there. Strange thing is, I knew I was safe in my bed with the covers pulled up over my head and come morning, the monster wouldn't be there (coz then I'd look, only to get my shoes from under the bed).....ahhhhh childhood memories

I sneaked downstairs when we had a babysitter once and saw some of a mummy movie. I had nightmares for years after that.

I was always afraid that Dracula, Frankenstein, or The Mummy were hiding between my closet and bedroom doors, which opened against each other, forming a "triangle" that someone could hide in.

Jack the Ripper even though not a monster but as a child the thought of him popping up somewhere use to always scare the heck out of me.

The one that lived UNDER my bed! No matter how bad I had to pee in the middle of the night Id hold it in. And even in the AM when I got up Id do a little leap off the bed.. just in case he was under there, so he couldnt grab my ankles.

The refridgerator monster...my dad convinced us that he only comes out at night at eats kids who dont stay in their beds. Maybe that's why I dont get up in the middle of the night? Hmmm...

Frankenstein

I would always dream of this bug huge monster that was like 9 feet tall and fizzy kinda like Sullivan in monsters inc. only meaner and his face resembled the guy that would hurt me...

Dad Dracula!

Micheal Jackson....lol

the one that lived undermy bed. i remember when i was little and wanted to get some water or go pee. i'd make sure i jump away from my bed so the monster wouldnt grab my ankles