i am trying to find out how i would go about finding out if i was left anything in my grnnys will?

my father and i fell out i was always told that she had savings accounts for me.Since she passed i have no way of knowing because my dad was the only child so he knows but wont tell me.Should i get a lawyer to find out or is there someway i can find out on my own

Favorite Answer

Depending upon the state and county you and/or she reside(d) in you can do an unclaimed property search as well as taking a trip to the county clerks or recorders office and doing a search for filed legal documents.

If you were left anything in her will then her lawyer would have contacted you to be present at the reading of the will. A savings account would probably not be mentioned in a will, so go to the bank that she did business with and inquire there.