What kind of pet can I get in a 55 gallon tank that aren't fish?

I am thinking cute and fuzzy, but it's a lizard tank. I don't mind reptiles, but I want something that won't bite me constantly. In other words, what can I put in the tank?

Favorite Answer

Hermit Crabs are popular right now, though their pinchyness doesn't make for a very social pet - they're more suited to just be looked at. For more info on them visit hermitcrabassociation.com

Hamsters, Gerbils, Rats, Mice, and Guinea Pigs can also be kept in a tank - these are more suited to people who want a pet they can actually pet once in a while. Line the bottom of the tank with aspen shavings (cedar and pine are bad for your pet!) offer a few toys, food & water and cap it with a wire lid (for ventilation and to prevent them from escaping) and you'll have a comfortable habitat for a few of any of these creatures.

• wilcut

Do 2x Angelfish not 3x No pictus Catfish or Clown Loaches. Pictus prefer seventy 5 gallons with communities of four+, they are able to get great. Clown Loaches prefer 6+ faculties and a minimum of one hundred twenty five gallons.

Put sand in the bottom 1/3 of the tank. hamsters or gerbils would be vary happy there. Not sure about guinea pigs.

What about a chinchilla? They are cute and fuzzy. They are so soft that you can hardly feel their fur. Or maybe you can get a guinea pig or something. They make cute little noises.

Any type of rodent, or reptile, would do just fine in that size tank, but i would go for dwarf hamsters, or a bearded dragon

rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, almost any pet along those lines would love a 55 gallon tank

As long as you clean it well you could get a Guinea Pig, Gerbil, or a hampster all would do fine in a glass tank.

I saw go with a rat. Their cute & fuzzy & really smart. THey will have fun in a 55 if you spice it up with tubes and such.

get some hamsters - line the bottom of the tank with cedar chips and get them a whole bunch of tubes to run through.

Hermit crabs are popular right now also - or frogs -

Good Luck!

Terrapin station. Turtle island?