conservatives?

i want to know what you think of the warrantless wiretap law.

Favorite Answer

I think it violates the freedoms of this nation! There was already the right to surveil non citizens without a warrent, why do they feel that they should act as the KGB did and use it on citizens too!

Does it count of I am technically not a conservative?

If it is used the way it is supposed to be used - to fight terrorism and terrorist - I do not have a problem with it.

I just do not see any one having the time to listen to everyone in America chatting on the phone...

I see it as a tool to protect this country and it's citizens from further attacks on US soil and I believe that to be a good thing.

On the other side of the coin, I do not think there is a law that does not get misused somehow, so one has to weigh that against the gains.

I personally do not feel threatened by it as I have never been in trouble with the law (outside of a couple speeding tickets), so I find it difficult to believe I would somehow be targeted for their wiretaps, and even if I was I think they would get very bored listening in....as radical as I get is what I write here.

There are instances warrants aren't needed if there is probable cause in other investigations, For foreign agents during a war that thresh hold gets even lower. The constitution, let one for a moment the Geneva Convention never was meant to guarantee foreign nationals' the rights American Citizens have.

Source(s): Constitutional History Criminal Justice degree and a Political Science degree.

What do you have to hide? Huh? Are you a murderer? A rapist? a pedophile? a terrorist? And if you're saying that the government is thinking of becoming a dictatorship and these wiretaps are going to stop them, you are terribly mistaken. If the military wanted to take over you wouldn't have any rights to argue over in the first place.

• Cinner

I have no problem with it. I really don't think the government is interested in listening to Susie asking Granny how to make apple pie. I have seen no instances where any info obtained has been used to prosecute someone for anything other than what the taps are designed to find. Unfortunately we live in a new reality (since 9/11) people are just going to understand some things will be neccesary for our country's survival.

• Ericho

i think im times like these, that may just be justified.

scenario: a bunch of terrorist are plotting to destroy the country, but the government has to go pubilc to get a warrant to tap into their communicatiuons. the information about the warrant leaks out to the other party and they change their plans

or what if you just want to spy on some posbile terrorist or suspect someone maybe.

this a good idea as far as i am concerned.

As long as its used in the very extreme cases of international terorism its ok. If it starts to get used for every type of domestic crime than it needs to be repealed.

If people are flying planes into buildings, and the terrorists do live among us like the hijackers did. I want to know who in the US is talking to the throatcutters and why, so people can track the intel, and kill the maggots.

Its a much needed tool in this age of warfare we are engaged in.

it's goes against everything this nation was built on. The original framers of the Bill of rights, constitution would turn in their grave.