kat
Lv 6

help, working on paper for school, had retreived it from email, saved it and now it is gone. need it back?

spent 5 hours on this paper and cannot find it anywhere. It is just gone and I have to turn it in tomorrow.

Update:

looked in the sent file it isn't there. tried a search and didn't find it. Maybe in a temporary? how do i check? I pressed save as.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you can't find it via search, send yourself an email with an attachment. Any small file will do. When you receive it, click "Save as.." on the attachment, and note the location of that folder. Your file maybe there.

If you had edited your file in Microsoft Word and lost it, follow the procedures below:

If you were using Microsoft Word, your file may be in the AutoRecover folder. You can find the location of the AutoRecover folder by going into Tools -> Options -> File Locations -> AutoRecover files (in Microsoft Word). Highlight AutoRecover files and click Modify. You're not going to modify this location but you'll need to use this step to find the actual folder. Usually, this is located at

C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Word

Replace <Username> with the name you're using to login to your system. If you're logged in as Administrator, the above location will be

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Word

Once you have this location, use Windows Explorer to go to the above folder and see if there are any files there. If there are, look for the one that has the latest modification date. Open it in Microsoft Word and hopefully, your data is there.

If you cannot see the Application Data folder, do the following in Windows Explorer. Click Tools -> Folder Options -> View Tab, click "Show hidden files and folders", click Apply, click OK and you'll be able to see it.

Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

Click File then Open then Browse click My Recent Documents. search your required file

Also try your required mail in draft folder incase you worked in outlook express or Microsoft outlook

Long prodedure is this that open the explorer and press Ctrl+H for History pane that will appear at the left of the explorer window. Search the sites 1 by 1

• ash1
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

mm need more info to be able to help, was it a word document or another type?

when you saved it , did you just click 'save' or 'save as'?

did you save it in your emails on on your actual pc's hard drive?

if its on your pc, you could try search your hard drive, but if its been saved in a temp folder - you cant search this way...you have to find the actual folder itself.

It could be lots of things really, just need more info

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

retreive the original file from the email again. good luck

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

oh my god, that really sucks, i'm so sorry! so if i'm understanding correctly you had it in your email? did you look in your sent folder, like if you sent it to your own email. i doubt it will, but i hope this helps, good luck.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if you play runescape think about geting power leveling for your account http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdquwcxht

Youtube thumbnail

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.