i experienced light brown spotting 3 weeks after my last period if im not pregnant what could this be ...?

i took a pregnancy test 5 days b4 my missed period and it was negative... this has never happened too me b4... what does it mean? HELP PLEASE :(

im not under any unusual stress lately.

Favorite Answer

You took that test too early, honey. Wait until you are at least day one of your missed period and test in the morning. The test will be more accurate then. You could still very well be pregnant because brown spotting in the 3rd week of your cycle sounds like implantation bleeding (when the egg burrows into the uterine lining.)

Hope this helps!!

Good luck!!

I am going through the exact same thing! My lmp was 8/25 i was due to start 9/22. I spotted brownish mucous from 9/16 - 9/19, very light not even enough for a liner. My period never showed, I had very slight cramping, heartburn, belching a lot and occassional hot flashes. Thought for sure I must be pregnant. Now I'm not so sure, The doc had me take a hpt this morning BFN :-( . He also wanted me to take a blood test, which I did. Am still awaiting results, get them tomorrow. So I am still keeping my fingers crossed. But honestly I am doubting I am and getting depressed.

You may have experienced implantation bleeding yourself though. I would wait 1 to 2 weeks after your missed period to test and no matter the result see your doc. Good Luck to you and Baby Dust to all ttc! I could use lots of dust and prayers myself.

Stress can cause spotting. Starting or stopping birth control can also cause this. Infections and iratation can cause spotting. It is also quite possible that you ARE pregnant, as ALOT of women will not get a positive on a home preg. test that early, even though it says you can. Take another test. If it is negitive, then go see you Gyn. and explain your concern. I did not get a positive result on a preg test until a week after my missed period.

Take another test. Only a few tests will give you a positive that early and even those tests may take longer.

take another pregnancy test

take another one you probly are.