Would you ride a passenger train if service were better and more frequent where you wanted to go?

We had good passenger trains into the 1960's. The railroads were losing money on them and most filed to abandon the service because of that. AMTRACK is good in some areas and nonexistant in others. Would you use the service if it were made better and more reliable and was reasonably priced?

Favorite Answer

Yes, I don't like the idea of flying, so trains would be great. I don't know why people don't invest in the idea like they continue to do in airlines that continue to lose money. Seems trains would be a much better investment.

In Southern California I don't find the trains very convenient. I've only been on the Blue Line once. For longer trips, I prefer flying because I just want to get to my destination the quickest way possible. However, if ever there was a reasonably priced high-speed train between Southern and Northern California, I'd probably take it.

Two years ago I worked in Toronto, Ontario Canada for 2 months. The subway was one block from my hotel and dropped me one block from my job site. I found it so convenient that I only used the rental car a handful of times.

You bet I would!! I LOVE riding on the train. I took the Heartland Flyer from OKC to FT Worth and then the Texas Eagle to San Antonio. What a great trip!! I wasn't tired, I didn't have to drive, there were taxis there to take me to the motel, I just loved it. And the price was soooooooo economical. I would travel by train any chance I got if it was available.

Absolutely. I do it whenever I can.

I'm actually taking a train ride in October.

It's fun. You can read. Relax. See the country.

It's better than flying or driving the BMW.

Sure if we had a train system like the UK or other parts of Europe, but the infastructure needed for that is probably decades and billions of dollars away. I don't see it happening.

In a heart beat

• Robert

I'd give it a try at least once.

Then, make future purchases based upon that experience.

It's getting to said station for me

I have never been on a train. :O( I don't get out much.

absolutny!