I'm a 22-year-old male who have never had a girlfriend?

But that's because I'm gay.

I still shamelessly lives with my parents. Is it true that mothers know their sons hidden sexuality?

If so, my mom already knows that I'm gay?

That's kind of frightening since I haven't came out to anyone yet.

Favorite Answer

I'm a 32 year old straight man and I had to move back into my parents. Yeah, sure, it's kinda shameful, but people used to live with their folks their whole life, in the olde days. Sure, they were farmers back them, but anyways. Try the 'phone chat' lines. As a man, this will cost you money, but it's really a good way to meet people, of all orientations, in your area. I don't know your mom or your relationship with her, but I would move out before being open about your true nature. If I had been born gay, I would be out from her roof before I did anything she might get embarrased by or would nag me about. lol. You can use fake names and meet at neutral, public places with potential lovers you meet on the chat lines, so don't get any freaky scenarios in your head about that. Good luck finding that special someone and move out as soon as you can arrange for.

Well, your mother may have her suspicions or questions, but do you know for sure you're homosexual? Many 22 year olds haven't dated a girl yet, but that doesn't mean they are homosexual. Maybe you could choose differently and not label yourself so early in life anyway ...... socialize and be with people your age who are not homosexual and see how you feel then. If you're a Christian, and I hope you are, then you can learn better how God will want you to live and how He has a purpose for your life. Discover what that is and make other things your focus in life now, besides your sexual orientation.

I knew that my son was gay when he was 4 his father thought he was just playing because he has an older sister his father still thinks it's a faze he's going thru but my son and i have an open relationship he can tell me any thing and he knows i won't judge him and i only give advice when asked. If you think you have an open relationship with your mother you should tell her. if she's a good mother she'll want to know everything about you. you're old enough now that you can have a friendship kind of relationship with her and friends talk about almost everything. you should definitely tell her but make sure it's right for you. you need to be comfortable telling her.

Your mom may have an idea. Mom's are pretty perceptive. Not having a girlfriend doesn't automatically flag you as gay. If you have male friends that come and go out of your life, or men she doesn't know call for you at the house may give her reason to think you're gay though.

my mom is totally cool the fact that I am gay. It was a real surprise for her and I don't think she was expecting it. Maybe for some moms they know that her son is gay. If your mom loves you it doesn't matter that your straight or gay. I am 21 and don't have a boyfriend, me and you both will find someone someday! When I came out it was an enormous relief and I wish I had done it sooner. I wish you luck if you do come out to your family

*Pat

Well, do you want to live it or not live it? Some choose to ignore it and not live it. Then they have to develop all kinds of defenses of course and probably, okay, they DO get screwed up emotionally and mentally, no matter how sane they are. But if you come out, you have to be sure of what you're saying coz that changes you in their eyes forever; however, if you're living at home, your parents love you and would most likely have some idea, right?

Don't be ashamed of yourself. Easier said than done, I know....

• DEATH

Some do, some don't.

I know my parents always knew. Even when I was too scared to tell them and too fearful of what others would think to accept it myself.

When I did come out, my Mother actually said to me: "What took you so long to find out? We always knew. We just didn't understand why you got married to (ex's name here) in the first place."

What a relief that was!!

But, on the flipside, my partner's mother was a completely different story. Not only was she shocked, but she made my partner promise to never tell her father or brother.

well im 22 as well,i came out to my family last december,and all i can tell u is that having them know the truth is one of the most wonderful feelings in the world,just be who you are and im sure that your family will understand,believe me once u do it u keep on asking ur self: why didn't i do it before?,ur mom probably suspect it but that depends a lot in how u behave if u know what i mean,good luck and have no fear,seriously.

Source(s): me.

Unless you're close to your mom, I'm sure she knows you being gay cause mothers can see the tiniest crack when it comes to her children. I think she knew and being denial about the whole gay thing as most of our parents are until you decide to tell them...

Moms ALWAYS know, but they rarely accept it.

Denial is a very mommy thing to do.

Pd: Leave the nest already, would you?