Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

What is the best way to get your heart rate up?

i have just joined a gym. im 5'8" 250lbs. i start on the tredmill then do a little wieght then finish up on the treadmill or eliptical. how can iu get my heartrate up faster, tips on a great cardio workout.

• pj_gal
    Favorite Answer

Not to sound like a smart mouth but my way is s*x. or swimming if he's not available

Both are exercise.

Step aerobics are really good. You can do the routine to music and its almost like dancing, which by the way is also a great cardio work out. The routine can be anywhere from beginners level to extensive. Take a dance class- its a blast and tones every muscle in your body (not to mention great way to meet guys-lol)

I prefer the machines that sense and display your heart-rate, then adjust resistance to your program requirements. I find the machines that exercise both your arms and legs to be the quickest to get to the target heart rate.

Fright will always jump up your heart-rate quickly (been on a hi-jacked aircraft lately?), but unless you're in prime shape I would suggest you gradually work your way up to a faster heart-rate. And check your blood pressure occasionally as you get back into shape It's just as important as heart-rate.

take an aerobics class, that's the best way. Or start running on the treadmill instead of walking before you lift weights.

Swing your arms.

Got this from my personal trainer. It works. Try it on the treadmill. Also, you can do it a different times throughout the day, not just at the gym.

Listen to Beyonce's past three years of sped up off key tracks. She'll get your heart rate going, trying to keep up with alla that.

keep doing what your doing, maybe try running on the tredmill instead

You are doing great ! add a few push ups .or sit ups .swim.

Don't rush it ,it could be dangerous .

Good luck

run girl run i am trying to get ur body wet

i find running from the police rather invigorating.