Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

What is the best way to get your heart rate up?

i have just joined a gym. im 5'8" 250lbs. i start on the tredmill then do a little wieght then finish up on the treadmill or eliptical. how can iu get my heartrate up faster, tips on a great cardio workout.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • pj_gal
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Not to sound like a smart mouth but my way is s*x. or swimming if he's not available

Both are exercise.

• 1 decade ago

Step aerobics are really good. You can do the routine to music and its almost like dancing, which by the way is also a great cardio work out. The routine can be anywhere from beginners level to extensive. Take a dance class- its a blast and tones every muscle in your body (not to mention great way to meet guys-lol)

• 1 decade ago

I prefer the machines that sense and display your heart-rate, then adjust resistance to your program requirements. I find the machines that exercise both your arms and legs to be the quickest to get to the target heart rate.

Fright will always jump up your heart-rate quickly (been on a hi-jacked aircraft lately?), but unless you're in prime shape I would suggest you gradually work your way up to a faster heart-rate. And check your blood pressure occasionally as you get back into shape It's just as important as heart-rate.

• 1 decade ago

take an aerobics class, that's the best way. Or start running on the treadmill instead of walking before you lift weights.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Swing your arms.

Got this from my personal trainer. It works. Try it on the treadmill. Also, you can do it a different times throughout the day, not just at the gym.

• 1 decade ago

Listen to Beyonce's past three years of sped up off key tracks. She'll get your heart rate going, trying to keep up with alla that.

• 1 decade ago

keep doing what your doing, maybe try running on the tredmill instead

• 1 decade ago

You are doing great ! add a few push ups .or sit ups .swim.

Don't rush it ,it could be dangerous .

Good luck

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

run girl run i am trying to get ur body wet

• 1 decade ago

i find running from the police rather invigorating.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.