how long after a 7 week miscarriage should i wait to try again,i was told 3wks,3mths,6mths.I'm confuse.?

Favorite Answer

I was told to wait 3 months after mine. However, I got pregnant less than a month later. I gave birth to a healthy baby girl who is now 13 years old.

I was told to give it one whole cycle (until you've finished bleeding from the m/c AND have had a normal period as well) and then you can start trying for that next ovulation. The reason my doctor gave was that miscarriage is traumatic for the uterus and it needs a little time to heal and become pre-pregnancy stage again before introducing another pregnancy.

The other reason he gave was that a bleeding uterus is open to infection, which can be introduced by ANYTHING you put into the vagina. You're not even supposed to use tampons during a miscarriage for this reason, so that rules out the penis too.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Lots of baby dust to you.

If you did not see a doctor at the time of miscarriage, I would suggest that you see one before trying again. If you did see one...the doctor should have given you this information, and you can always call to get his/her medical opinion firsthand.

Each woman who goes through a miscarriage has her own individual experience, medical history and recooperation time. So, your doctor would be the one to listen to most.

Generally speaking, I think whatever time frame you were given to resume sexual activity, would also be an acceptable time to try again. However, it depends on if there was anything that contributed to this miscarriage.

I tried straight away after my miscarriage and was pregant again that month, he was born very healthy good luck I know how hard it is to be told to wait, I was told to wait a couple of months too but I couldn't

They tell you to wait 3 months after, but you can get pregnant your next fertile days. After I stopped bleeding from my miscarriage, I concieved right after..literally! He is now 2 years old and cute as a button!

I had one and a qualified physician told me that the longer you wait the less chance of having a second mis carriage. The body needs time to recoop after that. So, yes 6 months or more to be safe but if you want it that badly it won't be easy! good luck hun

my answer is different but after my miscarriage and D&C a nurse told me in her opinion it's ok to go ahead because the uterus is all nice and clean, ready for a baby. It worked for me, I never even had a period after miscarriage, my son is 24, healthy and wonderful.

wait for 3 months..give you body and insides time to repai and get back to normal..sorry for your loss..but its mother natures way of getting rid of something that just was not right...you will be fine next time i m sure..the same happened to me ..i was great the next tiem..and the time after and the time after that and the time after that...im sure you will need those first few weeks for grieving anyhow...even if it was only 7 weeks...it was still a baby and you will do some crying ect...but you cant argue with mother nature...god bless you

After mine, the Dr. told me 6 mo. That it takes that long for your body to return to normal.

Source(s): experience

At three weeks you may not even have yet had one normal period.

I've always heard you should wait at least for three regular menstrual cycles.