i live in las vegas and I am having trouble with brown dead spots on my grass.?

I do not have bermuda grass, I have the type of grass that stays green in the summer and winter in las vegas.

• Jay G
    Favorite Answer

the grass that stay green year round is either artificial or they paint the grass... That is the golf course secret...

• Try pulling the grass up, if it comes up without any effort you might have grub worms in your lawn, and will need to get a pesticide. You might even be able to see the little worms in the dirt beneath the pulled up grass. They are white, or grayish and anywhere from a centemeter to an inch long.

Most likely your grass problem is caused by thatch, you need to rake the areas really well, water them and replant the desired type of grass. Nemotodes will also cause your problem and can be taken care of with simple applications of a commercial product designed to kill them.

• x

Call Las Vegas CSI. That's a crime scene.

You have an insect problem. Get some insecticide (Sevin Dust works very well).