Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 1 decade ago

With todays technology could it be possible to kill off all mosquitoes to the point of extinction?

to include ticks, common houseflies, and most of all - the loathsome cock roach!

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I would assume that there would be a way to do that, who knows why they haven't. Mosquito's I don't think we need, they serve no purpose, same goes for ticks, the roach not too sure, but the flies sadly we do need because they clean up decomposition with maggots, which can also be of medical use to clean up wounds. As for the rest I say Kill em all!!!!

• 4 years ago

it really is all a count number of ways a lot time we've. Given 100 years the reply is possibly sure inspite of length. the reason being that a tiny nudge now equates to an important change contained in the destiny. as an celebration, and it truly is genuine, given 100 years shall we placed a satellite tv for pc in orbit around the asteriod. The gravitational interation between the asteriod and the easy little 500-lb satelite is sufficient to nudge the asteriod off a killer route. Given somewhat time, 20 years or a lot less, there is practically no longer something we are able to do inspite of length. some asteriods are practically solid metallic - possibly shall we explode a chain of intense-yield (megaton) hydrogen bombs to flow it astray, yet which will be a slender danger at suitable. yet when the asteriod is rock, or a comet made from ice and rock, then we are screwed. One blast and we turn the asteriod from a shell to a cluster bomb. undesirable. the sturdy information is that we've no longer had a very devestating extinction experience in sixty 5 million years. That undesirable information is that it will happen again, sometime.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

One could wish that this were so, but it isn't yet. Mosquitos live on many life forms other than humans, so there is no way to interrupt the food supply. Some day we may invent a genetic time bomb that after a dozen generations or so, activates a lethal gene, and if a population of such mosquitoes could be established, that would do it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There is and it's DDT. DDT is a pesticide that kills bugs, however, it was banned because it endangered the wildlife and soaked into the ground and into the river and poisoned fish. The condor is a good example of the effects of DDT in that it had ingested fish that was carrying DDT in its system and over time, the eggshell of the condor became so thin it could not support the weight of the mother.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

While I hate all of these bugs, too, if we didn't have them you would also have to say good-bye to a lot of songbirds who depend on mosquitoes and flies for food.

Although...hm... what eats roaches and ticks? I'd sure like to know.

• 1 decade ago

We need flies and roaches to control waste, and mosquitoes to control the population on third world countries.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is possible to kill the mosquitoes. but more important is to keep the environment clean and hygienic,because if the environment is not hygienic then even after killing them they will grow.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

mosquito larvae live in water so i a huge humid country you'd have alot of water to cover before getting them all. also to poison them you'd have to poison the water killing fish and poisoning soil

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Highly doubtful...I mean as annoying as they are...they all serve their purpose(thought it might not seem like it), so why would we?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.