why do cops take so long?

This after noon my daughter and 2 friends were approached by a man who exposed himself to them. It took cops almost an hour to respond to the call. That man could have reached the next town by then. Made my family wonder if they would have responded faster if we had also stated we were also calling the news station. We didn't do that, but i still wonder if that would have made them show up faster to hunt the pervert down.

we live in a low crime area and there is a police department less than 10 minutes away.

Favorite Answer

I read a funny story about a guy who called the cops when he heard a burglar in his back yard. Cops were slow to respond so he called back and told them to forget about it, he just shot the burglar. Cops got there real fast.

I had a similar situation, a friend and I had a "little kid" get together mainly 5 year olds, with a few baby's and we were on the porch and a man walked by and dropped his pants groping himself staring at the kids. We called the police right away and they showed up about an hour and a half later. I would've preferred to handle the situation myself and hurt that man for being such a pervert but I couldn't. We do live in a rather wealthy area also, and were surprised on how long it took them to respond. But maybe they had a much more important call to answer to. Its a shame though.

Depending where you live response time is different. Due to limited resources incidents are prioritized. Indecent exposure is not that high on the list. I would still call the news station because they may come and due a story and post a sketch of the pervert that might help catch him

probably not. If the guy was gone, the girls safe from harm, and no one hurt, they probably were getting to emergency calls. I know a girl who called on these teens smoking pot outside her apartment in front of her children. The cops told her they were too short staffed. The problem is they have cut the budgets on all the police forces everywhere I am sure, and it affects how quick they can get there.

• kuhle

it extremely is a protection undertaking. that's an identical reason officers have wreck unfastened ties. It prevents a concern from grabbing directly to something and scuffling with an Officer from disengaging. In maximum departments woman officers are required to maintain long hair in a neat non unfastened trend.

Only God knows how many things the police must deal with on a daily basis. What a difficult job!

I'm so sorry about your daughter & two friends ordeal today. I hope that guy gets help.

Your daughter is lucky to have you looking after her.

• drew

I'm very sorry that that happened. But depending on the number of calls the officers have and the severity of the calls(example car wreck, robbery etc) they are placed in priority. So, if officers were working an accident, the accident would take priority.

Do you live in a lower class neighborhood? If so, that's usually why. We live in white suburbia, and out here cops are super fast!

He was merely showing them what he's got. Give the poor guy a break. He wanted a second opinion.

That is absolutely unacceptable. I would definitely contact the news about it.