What are the major cons of Firefox 1.5?

I'm interested in trying out Firefox, but I hear that it takes a while to open up (slow perhaps)? I have a P4 2.8 GHz and 1 gig of RAM, is that enough for it? Is speed known to be an issue and are there any other cons I should worry about?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Firefox 1.5 requires you to update most of your favorite extensions. I have had some memory issues, but when I upgraded to 1GB - none. Many foreign sites were not accessable, particulary financial institutions.

But I would rather use Firefox than any other browser. I HATE IE, and keep Netscape for sites that I cannot access via Firefox. A small price to pay for the efficiency, speed, just plain elegance of the browser!

I LOVE FIREFOX GGRRROOOWWWWWLLLLL!!!!!

• 1 decade ago

As far as cons of firefox are concern then i guess firefox crashes easily and more number of times. i m not quiet sure y may b coz one windows handle lot of tabs.

• 1 decade ago

No major concerns while you have such advanced configuration. But at times when you try to open up lots of sites then.. its a sucide. But believe me with the availability of extension for almost everything.. I enjoy my relationship with it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I run it on a Duron 1.6 with 512Mb of RAM and it runs GREAT for me. Don't know where you heard it's slow...it's no slower (or faster) than IE.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

USE FIREFOX!

There are no cons. :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.