What are the major cons of Firefox 1.5?

I'm interested in trying out Firefox, but I hear that it takes a while to open up (slow perhaps)? I have a P4 2.8 GHz and 1 gig of RAM, is that enough for it? Is speed known to be an issue and are there any other cons I should worry about?

Favorite Answer

Firefox 1.5 requires you to update most of your favorite extensions. I have had some memory issues, but when I upgraded to 1GB - none. Many foreign sites were not accessable, particulary financial institutions.

But I would rather use Firefox than any other browser. I HATE IE, and keep Netscape for sites that I cannot access via Firefox. A small price to pay for the efficiency, speed, just plain elegance of the browser!

I LOVE FIREFOX GGRRROOOWWWWWLLLLL!!!!!

As far as cons of firefox are concern then i guess firefox crashes easily and more number of times. i m not quiet sure y may b coz one windows handle lot of tabs.

No major concerns while you have such advanced configuration. But at times when you try to open up lots of sites then.. its a sucide. But believe me with the availability of extension for almost everything.. I enjoy my relationship with it.

I run it on a Duron 1.6 with 512Mb of RAM and it runs GREAT for me. Don't know where you heard it's slow...it's no slower (or faster) than IE.

USE FIREFOX!

There are no cons. :)