Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 decade ago

What is the part called that sits between the rear axle and the leaf spring in a truck?

There is a part welded to my rear axle that bolts onto the bottom of my leaf spring. What is that part called?


I figured out that the part is called a Spring Perch. Thanks for everyone's help.

6 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    If the truck is stock, it is usually called a spring pad or spring seat. This part is a formed metal bracket that is welded to the axle tube, and frequently the shocks are bolted to them. However, if the truck has been "jacked up", one of the common ways to do this is to add spacers between the spring pad and the spring. These spacers are generally just blocks, and in most of the kits they are made of some sort of plastic. I have seen other materials used also.

  • 1 decade ago

    It is a "Spring Perch" also called a spring pad.

  • 4 years ago

    I had study this earlier yet only realised 0.5 way through. through then i changed into previous the point of no go back and had to carry on reading because it really is this variety of cracker!! large one brother, I suggested large one bruv!!!

  • 1 decade ago

    spring pad

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    the part that i beleeve you are refering to would be the spring pad. there is one on each side.

  • 1 decade ago

    If I am not mistaken it is called a differential.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.