has any heard of fire ants spraying venom in eyes?

i was cutting down sticker bushs as my son always ; loses his balls. i was on my knees chopping away and all of a sudden red ants with black bodies were rushing out of stickers; next thing i;m blinded like being maced. i seen the stream coming ;but was in shock and could;nt close eye fast enough. hospital gave eyedrops ;but can't see out of eye that git venom. will i see again; i;m a single parent;need my eyes

Favorite Answer

No but I had a tarantula and read the whole book on them and all it said was they did not like to be blown on so being a kid I did untill it started sqeeking and it sprayed me I was maced twice but the spider beat the mace by a long shot.

"a usual hearth ant colony produces large mounds in open elements, and feeds usually on youthful flora, seeds, and infrequently crickets. hearth ants commonly attack small animals and would kill them. compared to many different ants, which chew and then spray acid on the wound, hearth ants chew only to get a grip and then sting (from the tummy) and inject a poisonous alkaloid venom said as solenopsin, a compound from the category of piperidines. For human beings, it is a painful sting, a sensation resembling what one feels at the same time as burned through hearth—therefore the call hearth ant—and the after outcomes of the area will be deadly to gentle persons. The venom is both insecticidal and antibiotic."

Sorry, no clue what it was, BUT it was not fireants. They can only sting.