How many miles can you drive once the gas indicator light goes off? (2001 bmw 325i)?

Favorite Answer

i own a repair shop,,and this car has a 25 mile reserve on it,,but it wont actually go that far on it,,i ran out once in a customers car while test driving it,,this is how i know for sure,,good luck i hope this help,s.

Source(s): been a certified mechanic for 36 yrs.

My brother's receives about 20-22 miles on the line doing 65mph. The above poster's theory isn't undesirable yet in case you somewhat favor to understand then get your self a three gallon gasoline can (like you would use to fill a lawnmower). once you're close to to out of gasoline take the line. list mileage at the same time as mild is going on, then once you run out. fill up from the gasoline can to make it again to a station.

It depends on each individual car, I have seen some that run out of petrol before this happens. Also never run out of petrol in a fuel injected car its bad for the pump

My car manual says about 16 miles depending on how fast you go and how you drive (city or highway) but I have gone slightly farther.

Source(s): personal experience

most vehicles have 50 miles....after gas light goes on

about enough to get to a gas station