Help- I can't sleep!!!?

I am due to have my third baby (my husbands 4th) in two months and I can't sleep. Alot is going on right now becuase we are rebuilding our kitchen, and one of the kids bedrooms, and I still have to get the babies things ready. I don't want to be doing any of this when the baby comes home. As a result to this, I can't sleep. I have to wake up to roll over then take another hour to fall back a sleep. Does anybody have any advise on how to help me sleep?

Favorite Answer

IS NORMAL FOR YOU TO BE ANXIOUS.. YOU ARE NESTING, YOU WAN EVERYTHING TO BE READY FOR THE BABY, IS NATURAL... IF YOU CANT SLEEP AT THE "NORMAL" HOURS IS OK. AS LONG AS YOU GET SLEEP EVENTUALLY. TRY MAKING A LIST AND ACCOMPLISHING ONE OR TWO THINGS TO EASE YOUR MIND FOR WHEN THE BABY WETS HERE.... EAT HEALTHY AND DON'T ADD ANOTHER STRESS (THE SLEEPING SITUATION) A LITTLE MASSAGE FROM YOUR HUSBAND WONT HURT.

Don't ever take the sleeping pills route!!

1. They will damage your liver big time and you can get into serious health problems.

2. You will get hooked up on them and you won't be able to have a normal life any more if you don't take your pills everyday.

The sleeping pills industry is damaging our health by capitalizing on our ignorance, and by distracting people from effective and natural ways to deal with this problem. I had been taking prescription sleep medications [Ambien] for over 5 years. It stopped working and I simply took more. Still did not work. Nights were very difficult - medication put me to sleep but I would wake up after 2–3 hours with a strong sympathetic response (fast pulse, pounding heartbeat, wide awake alert). It was a very difficult cycle to break. I was really in bad shape due to lack of sleep.

After years of struggling I was able to cure my insomnia naturally and pretty fast. I followed the Sleep Tracks sleep optimization program, here is their official web -site if you want to take a look: http://www.insomniacure.net

Ohhh..and Good Luck!

Try spraying some lavender on your pillow, it will help relax you a little. I know with kids it is hard to just stop and take time for yourself, but you are carrying another baby in you. Try to go toward bed an hour or so earlier than normal. Let your husband deal with the kids for the next 8 weeks.

yes you need to chill, your baby needs you rested quit stressing please. that may help you sleep at night if your mind wasn't constantly going. It sounds like your husband needs to help or someone from your family. good luck

I also am 32 weeks I know that I am really excited and some nights I find myself a wake in the middle of the night for an hour or so. I open a book and that usually helps me fall back to sleep.

I hope you get the help that you need.

It sounds like you have so much running through your head that you just can't calm down.

Breathe. Learn breathing exercises to help you relax and empty your mind.

Find SOMETHING that helps you calm down. Design a new outfit. Design a new home. Plan a fantasy football team (that's my husband's thing). When you can't sleep, focus ONLY on that.

Lavender works wonders in helping me sleep. Plus since it is just a scent you don't have to worry about harming your baby like some meds might do.

you know i don't know personally why you can't sleep , it may sound like anxiety but maybe try eating a snack-you are waken from your sleep but I am only assuming that it may be hunger..