Why is it when someone ask a question about whether or not they believe in God...?

people on here tend to get all defensive and nasty?? is anyone else sick of the nasty comments made to christians? If you don't like their opinion, don't answer the questiions!! What's the real problem??

Favorite Answer

Very simple, Matt.10:22

All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

those who don't believe, just don't understand the peace it gives. They also don't want to die to self. they are lost, we just need to continue to pray for them.

• nebtet

um ... this is a public forum so if your sensibilities are easily offended it might be best that you don't frequent open forums like these. better to stick to closed and monitored Christian only sites where you have your little mutual admiration societies, little Christian exclusivity clubs where everyone just praises the lord, says amen and ain't we blessed a lot. sites where there's no nonchrististian around who will disagree with you or expect a grain of logic or self honesty or ask uncomfortable questions or give uncomfortable answers. yep .. that's the ticket. only associate with your own holy kind so your lily white psyche isn't sullied by wicked nonchristian outsiders.

• Mark

The fruit of an apple tree can be only apples. Nasty comments made to anyone are just that.

Pigs don't eat pearls and poison fruit lies at the feet of poisons trees. Don't hate the tree, love the tree. It might be the first love it has ever felt.

Mark

When asked if I believe in God, I say NO. How is that defensive and nasty?

When you're in this section of Y! Answers, you have to be ready to defend your faith because most people aren't going to agree with your beliefs. The Bible says that we should display the fruitages of God's spirit. "Love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindess, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control." (Galatians 5:22,23) I don't see that a lot of that happening in here. I think people should practice what they preach. If they say they're Christians....then they should act like it.

Most people don't use their common sense anymore. Thats the simple answer.

and to the two people above, that wasn't really what people consider nasty.

No kidding. But we have to remember that there are many christians on here that are saying things they shouldn't also. Not real often that I see, but I do see it and then everyone that is not christian is all over that like white on rice. They love it when a christian loses their cool. It gives them the freedom to say all christians are beligerant.

Amen

No one needs to get nasty, but they should promote their points to the other side.

Usually when someone asks "do you believe in god" I respond with "No. I don't believe in God. I don't believe in something that doesn't exist."

I don't consider that too nasty.