Have you ever had such a (bad) emotional experience that you couldn't even talk about it for six months?

I have, and to this day it's difficult to verbalize.

I think it affected my speech center permanently.

Favorite Answer

I have had many (really bad) emotional experiences and have yet to talk about most of them. I am 30 years old and when I was 10 years old I was sexually abused. My wife was the first person I shared this with and it was only recently (within the last 2 months) and we have been married nearly 10 years. My advice is find someone you really trust to share this with and don't think you have to share it all at once, you don't. Sharing something, especially a bad emotional experience can change your life in so many ways. Ways you wouldn't even think they would change. But don't be afraid, because finding someone and sharing this with them does help. In my case, I shared what happened to me to my wife because it was affecting our relationship and she had no idea what was going on. Once she knew why, it really opened the lines of communication between us and we began to work on some of our problems. I hope you find the person you need to share your experience with. You will be in my prayers.

Yes, unforunately. There are things that I don't want anyone to know. And that is fine, but if you are struggling with this, and you need to get it out, then you could talk to a confidant, friend, or perhaps a counselor if it is that bad. People have different defense mechanisms; denial and suppression are two of the greatest. Just be careful, because there are somethings that you need to get out and there are other things that need to stay in, you must decide.

I have. And six months didn't do it for me. 8 years have past and I still can't talk about it, specially because the only person who knew about my problem (my best friend) died 3 years ago, taking the secret with him. The problem is that most of the times I manage to hide it inside of me, but I'm fearing that one day the whole thing is going to blow up in my face and take me to a mental institution.

• Kuji

I was raped when I was 11 and I didn't tell anyone for almost 20 years. I was scared to because my brother was molested and he got blamed for it. I still can't say anything about the rape except that it happened in a room with orange walls. I remember all the details but my mouth won't speak the words.

My divorce, but I found that I helped myself by helping others that were less fortunate than me. You will always find someone who is or has gone through more than you have. When we lean on each other for support, it makes us realize how much we really need each other. No one person is perfect, so find a way to use your pain to help someone else, and in the end you find that you are better off.

Maybe you should write! I read wat i wrote b4, it turn out to be a long poem and I made songs to it. If its a love matter, good luck!!

yes...im in it now man. im in it now!

• Robert

many.

No! Thanks be to GOD! I can pray for you! bye now