Robert
Robert asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

Question for all the "Daddies" & "Mommies" out there...?

I sing my children to sleep at night. Do you? If so, what do you sing? How old are you children?

For the record, YOU would probably pay me money to STOP singing (ha!). But, hey, they like it.

Favorite Answer

I used to sing all the time to my boys. As babies it was always Baby Mine from Dumbo. As they got older they would start to request different songs they had heard so i've sang everything from the oscar myer wiener to lullybys and mother goose rhymes. Then there was that one chex song You know I I Love Love Double Double Chex Chex Better Better Than Than the the rest rest only i would use thier names.

I used to every night she is now 27 and when I have my grand baby spend the night I sing to her Hush Little baby dont say a word... my grand daughter just turned 4 you can also read a little bit of a good book every night as they get older about 7 8 9 read them a classic like lassie come home maybe call of the wiled if you spend the time with them let them know you care it makes for better kids to a kid 10 min is like an hr

I sang to our 3 kids at bedtime, and throughout the day until they were pre-teens even! Our oldest even says he finds my voice soothing to hear before he goes off to sleep still and he'll be 19 years old in January!!! So I think it depends upon the kids, don't think there is a certain age you have to stop singing. I used to sing, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, then Build Me Up Buttercup(yep, an oldie but goodie!) and then O' Come All Ye Faithful, You are My Sunshine. Lots of 'em and who cares if your voice is good, good for you that you are spending that one on one quality time with your kids!! It is sooooo important! What great memories your kids will have too! : ) Enjoy it all!

Source(s): Married 20 plus years, Mom of 3 teens, life experience

I remember those days. I sang anything and everything. Even Christmas songs in the middle of the summer. When he was a baby he didn't know any different. Those are songs everyone knows well. You Are My Sunshine, is still my favorite, because he is. Now that he is older, he prefers me not to sing, since I can't carry a tune to save my life. Oh well, I have many wonderful memories.

Yes I have sung my children to sleep. I started singing to them even when they were in the womb. They are now 2 and 4 and they love it still. They sing with me. Music is a beautiful thing to share with your children and it was pasted down to me from my father and I hope my children past it down as well.

I have a song that I made up when my son was about 3 months old. He's 7 now and still loves for me to sing it to him. When he was old enough to talk he named the song, "Mommy's Little Bug".

I sing and hum all the traditional lullabies. They're 21 months and 3 years. My 3 year old doesn't always like it for some reason, so he tells me to "shhhh". I didn't think my singing was that bad!

• PDY

My children are in their teens and twenties now, but I used to sing to them at bed time. To my daughter I sang Que Sera Sera and You Just Can't Find a Unicorn. My son and I sang You are my Sunshine.

Yes, I sometimes sing, although I usually nurse my baby to sleep. He's 5 months old. I like to sing "Baby Beluga" and "You Are My Sunshine".

I sing my three year old a song called beautiful boy by John Lennon when he finds it hard to get to sleep or when he is sick.