yellow asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

How do I get rid of a callous on the bottom of my feet - everytime I get rid of it - it comes back.?

• Eryc
    Favorite Answer

buy a pumice rock, every time you shower use it on your callous. and after you get out of the shower use some moisturizer.

Look at the type shoes you frequently wear-- these are often the culprit!! If you are wering shoes that have very much of a heel, this can defininately be the problem!! After you get rid of callous next time, try using some of those Dr. Scholl pads that fit on that portion of your foot, & this should help!! Good luck!!

You can use a pumice stone to remove the callouses. If you want to keep them off - you will need to switch to a different style of shoes. Usually callouses are formed because of shoes that cause pressure on the ball of the foot. High heels are frequently the culprit. You might want to visit a pedorthist if there's one in your area and get an evaluation and possibly some inserts.

Good luck.!

• JustMe

I believe the reason you get them in the first place is your bodies way of protecting itself. It will build a barrier of skin to protect itself. Something is rubbing wrong or fitting wrong or your shoes are too tight. Fix that problem and the other will go away. Something is irritating it.

It's because of how you walk. You're putting pressure on that spot of your foot. I suspect that the best you're gonna be able to do is to keep taking it off.

I like your kitty!

• HK3738

get it scraped by your doctor, apply vaseline twice a day, you may want to use some 4x4's inside your socks so that you can keep working, good luck

• if not foot product in the pharmacy works then see a doctor to make sure its nothing really serious.

Hate to tell ya this.. but you cant lol. like he said, you CAN do a footspa every month. but as soon as you stop, or if you miss one, it'll come back.

sorry

It is from walking on your feet. You can get pedicures.

foot spa every month