Anime officianados: I have seen a lot of the best of the anime movies and I am looking for more suggestions?

I have seen:

Vampire Hunter D

Ghost in the Shell

Fist of the North Star

Akira

Wicked City

Escaflowne

Ninja Scroll

manonoke

What are some really great ones that I have missed?

• Favorite Answer

Grave of the Fireflies. (火垂るの墓, Hotaru no Haka).

One of Roger Ebert's top films (of any kind, not just anime). Ernest Rister says "it is the most profoundly human animated film I've ever seen." A touching story about two children in 1940's Japan, this movie will take your heart, rip it out and then jump up and down on it. It is still an excellent movie. My favorite anime movie, period.

Serial Experiments Lain

This one's an anime miniseries, not a movie, but it's a great watch. Strange doesn't even begin to describe this one. High tech conspiracies abound after a schoolgirl gets a mysterious email.

Kiki's Delivery Service

Good character development and loads of charm. A very young witch has to learn how to live away from home at the age of thirteen even if she isn't that skilled at witchcraft. If you're looking for intense non-stop action, you might want to pass--this movie's about how humans relate to each other.

Laputa: Castle in the Sky

Not an excellent movie, but still a very good one. There's a huge treasure in the sky and a huge struggle ensues to see who will control the floating castle. This movie has had a definite influence on later video games including Grandia I and Skies of Arcadia.

Everything by Miyazaki - Laputa: Castle in the Sky, My Neighbor Totoro, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Winds, Castle of Cagliostro, the Cat Returns, etc.

Shakugan no Shana

Gun X Sword

The Original Japanese One Piece

Trinity Blood

Oh wait these are series not movies.

Try Blood the last vampire

Source(s): watching anime

cowboy bebop: knowcking on heavens door- big fan =D

Blood the last vampire- bit short though ;-;

Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade- love the story

tenchi muyo- im a fan!

animatrix- great stories and animation

Metropolis- great story

Ranma movies- so what, im a fan =D

Perfect Blue - great story

rurouni kenshin, fullmetal alchemist