how do you play regular xbox games on xbox360?

Favorite Answer

only some can be played but if you buy the xbox360 thinking that all xbox games work on it then be prepared: some do not work. i sold my other xbox games because they dont work on my xbox360

First you need the Hard Drive. Some games will not work on the 360. Reason well when Microsoft created the XBOX they didn't own rights to key hardware compents. The 360 doesn't have those same components that allow the game to function. Microsoft uses software emulation through the Hard Drive so you can play XBOX games on the 360.

This is the reason why original Playstation games work on PS 2 is because Sony owned the rights to their Hardware and was able to put the oringinal playstaion processor in the PS 2.

I'm pretty sure you need the Hard Drive. Also, some games don't work with it. The most recent Burnout is the first game that comes to mind, mainly because it was released first on the XBOX then on the 360...

some regular xbox games play in 360 actomatically however some do not work. theres a list of the ones that work (u can probly google it) but other then those ive found no way to play others

you cant i dont think