if my vehicle was hit while parked do i have to pay my insurance deductible?

was shopping came out to find my vehicle was hit on the rear panel driver's side and back bumper,no vehicle was parked besides me will my insurance pay

11 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    call the police and make a report and then all your insurance company and ask them.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Yep, which totally blows unless you can find out who did it. File a police report right away ans be a pest. Make sure that they are looking into it. It is totally BS that you should have to pay for damage that was not your fault. This has happened to me a few times with a brand new car, luckily they found out who did it and nailed her so I got my money back and then some.

  • oleyar
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

    Your coverage will pay. you may desire to call in a declare to the ins. co. and it relies upon on what your deductable is and how lots it is going to fee to repair it. in case you have a $500 deductible and the wear and tear to the automobile is extra desirable than $500, you desire to to pay the deductable and permit coverage pay the damages. If the cost of the restoration is $525, i might only pay out of pocket. in case you have a $one thousand deductable and there is $800 in harm to the automobile, you will would desire to pay the $800 out of pocket.

  • 1 decade ago

    If the person who hit you didn't leave any information then you are out of luck. You have to pay the deductible.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    You are stuck with the deductable since the other party did not stop to exchange insurance information.

  • 1 decade ago

    If you have a deductible and no special exemption for hit and run then you only need to pay the deductible if you want to have it fixed.

  • 1 decade ago

    Yes, you will have to pay the deductible. Since you have no driver to blame it on, to file under their policy, it will fall under your comprehensive coverage.

    Source(s): Ford Certified technician ASE Certified technician Ford Certified Diesel Specialist 18 years experience
  • 1 decade ago

    you shouldn't have to ,,as long as you had a police report made up on it,and maybe a witness that seen it or can describe the car to the police,,id talk to mu ins-agent and see what they say about it,,i don't think you should have to,in this situation,,good luck i hope this help,s some good luck with it.

    Source(s): been a certified mechanic for 36 yrs,
  • 1 decade ago

    It depends on if you got the person who hit your car . If you did not, then YES.

  • 1 decade ago

    unless you find him you have to file under comprehensive with deductible

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.