Salmon asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

I stopped dating a guy a while ago. Today is a month we have not had any contact at all.?

we only dated for a month a half. But it was very nice and i felt him as a soulmate eventhough i know he may have been pretending he was someone he is not.

Well the fact is that I cant get over it. And is affecting me and my self esteem a lot because i think he REJECTED ME and he chose his ex or any other woman over me. So i am not good enough. HOW can I stop those irrational thoughts???

Favorite Answer

If you feel like he was pretending to be someone that he was not then you should realize that he was fake. The way I look at it, if I were to date some guy and I thought he was my soulmate but then turns out he had to deceive me to make me think that, I would realize it never would have worked. He obviously didn't really reject you if he worked so hard for a month and a half to be something he wasn't, just for you.

Odds are you were too intimidating and he knew he was not worthy of you, so that could be why you guys broke up. Usually the losers will either get out while they are ahead so the person they are with doesn't realize that they are better than them, or they leech onto the person.

I really hope this helps...I think things truly do happen for a reason and the best things are unexpected.

By not thinking about it any more . By thinking about it , you are giving life to a relationship you never really had . Why give him the power over you ? It's time to forget and don't look back -except to pat yourself on the back at how lucky you are to have not invested one more day with that guy . The more you focus on him the more irrational it becomes . Live in the now . Not in "last month".

He has not talked to you in a month and a half.. what part of that can't you get over? It is probably because you did something that you regret, not the fact that he hasn't got in contact with you.. Keep this in mind the next relationship you have, try to figure out what turned him off - OR find out what you did that satisfied him enough to move on to the next victim (Depending on whether her was genuine or a player..)

HEY MOST OF THE ANSWERS I READ AINT GOOD ENOUGH FOR U HERE IS MINE HE WAS A **** NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR U THERE IS SOMEONE SPECIAL FOR U OUT THERE AND ITS GOD WAY OF SHOWING YOU WHAT U DON'T WANT IN A MATE AND WHY YOU NEED TO BE CARFUL OF THE PPL U FALL IN LOVE WITH IF YOU GIVE IT YOUR ALL RIGHT OFF THE BAT THE HAVE HAD U AND READY TO MOVE ON BESIDES LET THEM BE EQUAL IN THE REALATIONSHIP BECAUSE YOU AND THE MATE WANT TO PLEASE EACH OTHER NOT JUST ONE PLEASING AND THE OTHER TAKING THAT MAKES ONE OF U A SLAVE AND THATS NO GOOD UNLESS U LIKE THAT SORT OF THING TRY THIS GO WHERE U CAN SIT ALL ALONE IN QUIET AND WRITE DOWN ALL ALL THE THINGS U DIDN'T LIKE IN THE REALATIONSHIP NO MATTER HOW INSUGNIFACANT WRITE IT DOWN (EX. MY X WOULD CONSTANTLY GROUP ME AND NEVER PUT HIS ARM AROUND ME HE DIDN'T USE TO DO THAT AND WE STOPPED HOLDING HANDS FARELY QUICK AFTER WE HAD BEEN MARRIED FOR A WHILE ALL HE WANTED WAS SEX FROM ME AND A CLEAN HOUSE AND LAUNDRY DONE WHAT WAS BAD ABOUT THAT WAS HE HAD A UNIFORM AND THEY WERE SUPOSED TO WASH THEM HE PAID THEM OUT OF HIS EARNINGS EVERY WEEK BUT I WASHED THEM OH I COULD GO ON AND ON BUT THIS IS FOR U) I WROTE A LOT BUT WE WERE TOGETHER FOR 3 YR MARRIED 11 YR BUT I FOUND THAT WE REALLY NOT MENT TO BE MARRIED A RELATIONSHIP IS SUPOSED TO BE EQUALY FELT EACH HAS TO REALLY CARE AND BE INTRESTED IN BEING THERE FOR ONE ANOTHER THE LITTLE THINGS ADD UP AND IT IS EASY TO JUST QUIT BUT IT REALLY TAKES TWO THIS WAS MY LAST MARRIGE I'M NOT LOOKING PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP THERE REALLY IS SOMEONE FOR U OUT THERE IT WILL HAPPEN FOR U WHEN U LEAST EXPECT IT THEN ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS BUT REMBER 1+1 IN LOVE TERMS = 1 MAY GOD WATCH OVER U AND COPILOT U THE RIGHT DIRECTION FOR A LONG AND HAPPY RELATIONSHIP WITH UR SOUL MATE GOOD LUCK FROM PENNY

Source(s): MY THOUGHTS AND\ OR FEELINGS

He just wasn't that in to you. That's OK. Just like some people don't always appeal to you. It's called chemistry. You don't want to be with a person that doesn't want to be with you. Life is short! Don't waste your time....get out & keep looking! Good Luck!

Be brave, a day at a time.

Date someone new, dose he have brother?

OMG BOINK BOINK BOINK