can i tell him to stop calling me??

i am attending a private institute and i have a month left til i graduate...i didnt go today cause of car trouble and i live 45 mins away so there was no other option of me going. class starts at 6pm...and i get a phone call at 930 just a minute ago from my instructor calling my cell and house phone seeing whats going on. i mean come on i just missed a day and already calling me...oh yea he just started this job 2 days ago teaching us so hes a newbie. can i have the option of him not calling home or the cell? i mean come on one day and already calling... i know ppl have missed weeks at a time and are barely getting a hold of that person.

my other instructor before him last month did the same thing too....i go when i can.....but most of the time i am at school.....financial problems too cause if i dont have gas then i cant get to school...and babysitter things like that...things happen u know.... i just dont like that they are finally calling after me being there 7mths and then finally making calls. i am really annoyed though w/ it.

we had to fill out this info. form and more like an emergency contact info. and had house and cell number... they call at 930?? i mean not even billlcollectors call that late at home and my son is sleeping for school the next day and its enough..

yea i have caller id and ANSWERING MACHINE for the cell and home phone.....so i got 2 calls and 2 voice messages too...

Favorite Answer

Yes, you have every right to tell him to stop calling you. The next time you attend class, or receive a call, you can simply say, "A telephone call isn't necessary." If the person persists, you can step it up a notch by saying something more like, "A telephone call isn't necessary, and it's not appreciated either."

Lucky for you though, you only have one more month. You'll find that there are employers out there who can be the same way. Good luck to you.

Since the guy's new, maybe he doesn't know any better and is over-eager about making sure his students pay attention. Then again, he could just be a creep. Since you only have a month left, you might want to let this first time go. But if he keeps calling, you can definitely ask him to stop calling you. Or, if you're more comfortable asking him to call only one phone number, tell him the home phone is for your parents or your boyfriend. That way if he calls your cell phone, you can recognize the number and let it go to voicemail. If he STILL calls you, go to the dean or a school counselor. You do NOT want this guy handling your grades *and* having access to your personal phone numbers and address!

ou should be glad that he cares enough-probably with only such a short time left until graduation he wants your record as clean as possible. When you go looking fopr a job-one hink that employers consider is Attendance and they do not care why you din't show up--is there no bus service--for if you didn't go to classes and are quick to offer excuse they'll think-Job attendance-Excuses for poor performance and so forth. I realize you say this is your only missed day but perhaps by him calling i will stay your only day and not develop a pattern, instead of complaining you should be thanking him. Perhaps those missing weeks will regret when they get rejection after rejection. All you have to do is ask him not to call

Yeah, the call is annoying because you have a legitimate reason for not going, In this day and age maybe he just wanted to make sure that you are okay, especially if you are always at school. Something serious could have happened to you.

Maybe he was calling BECAUSE you dont miss class. He might have been worried that something was seriously wrong and was calling to check on your welfare. But yes. if it bothered you that he called your home, I would suggest talking to the administrators of your school about him calling your house. Before it went that far though, I would try to find out WHY he felt it was necessary to call you, because as I said, he might have been concerned about your welfare.

Like him...your thinking to way ahead of yourself...ask yourself did that call made you uncomfortable to be acting this way? Or are you just upset cause the fact being "it's just one day" Or did you actually like it and want the attention for people to say to you "hey maybe he digs ya"....Don't get yourself or your teacher the wrong way.....for something you don't have an idea yet...maybe it's just his job..cause it does reflect on him since being it is his first day...but in other hands observe into it more before you go in way over your heads...

Source(s): And Yes in a private institute they have the right to call you..especially if you provided your digits...!

I don't know. You'd have to ask the higher ups at your school if its a privacy issue. I do know at schools around here if you miss 3 days you flunk. So maybe he is just following rules noone else is? I'd ask your dean of students...

You could tee ll him to stop calling you, butt I don´t think you should. He´s not calling you to harass you or anything, he´s just concerned. If you don´t want to talk tot him, just dd on´t answer -- that´s why you have caller id on your cell phone, right?