Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

am i only one who are over 25 that looks like a minor?

IM 29 AND EVERYTIME I GO TO RESTRAUNT I GET ASK FOR THE KIDS MENU AND GETTING OLD

THEY AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME IM 12 YEARS OLD

AND IT HURTS MY FEELINGS

DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ANYONE ELSE?

OR JUST ME

LORI

• Adam
    Favorite Answer

I can't see your picture closely enough but you don't look like a minor. As you are getting older, this is something that should make you happy. You look younger. People have always told me that I look older than I really am.

My friend has that problem, too. She's 25 and a group of us all went out. The waitress said so that'll be 5 menus and honey here's your crayons and kiddie menu! She was so embarassed. The guy she was dating laughed and that made it even worse. So then she ordered a beer later, and the lady kept saying her ID was fake. I felt so sorry for her! Although i have to say that at 29, when I'm with her, it is the only time I get asked for an ID. lol

• bugsie

I was carded until I was 38 years old. It used to piss me off.

I had an 18 year old and a 13 year old.

I also did not know my 18 year old daughters friends thought I was HOT, I was just a tired mom. Then I got pregnant again, and had an ectopic pregnancy. After Major Surgery, my body and face, especially my face started to age and catch up to 30 years old. I am now 52, and I look it. If I could go back??? well, no I wouldn't. But I would be more grateful for the youthful looks I lost through a major trauma to my body!

• robyn

Do not let it hurt you feelings! Enjoy it while you can. Just laugh it off. You will appreciate it so much the older you get. I am the same age as you with the same problem, but I consider it a blessing. There are many my age whom look older. If it really bothers you, make sure that you always wear make up.

I feel your pain... used to happen to me all the time, I looked like 12 for pretty much my whole time in college until I decided to grow a beard. I suppose you could try that too, although you might get some funny looks of a different sort... ;)

No I am in the same boat you are. I am 32 and people think I am 20. One time I went to buy a lottery ticket, which you know you have to be 18 to buy, and I got carded for it!

I got carded once to buy a M rated video game. I am 29 too.

yea this happens a lot to my sister shes 34 and she looks like she is tweleve and she is a school teacher as well and when she goes to teachers convention may times they tell her that she isnt allowed to be there with out her parents. and that her mother or father whoever is the teacher shouldnt hae brought her there in the first place.

Sometimes, it's an old bar trick. The dude looks at you i.d. to get you name, height, weight, see if you live in town...just anything interesting.

If it makes you feel better, I think you look in your mid 30's. lol

happens to me.

im 27, but on occasion people ask me if im below 21.

happens everytime i go to the strips clubs. dont get it. not fair.