will a 99 5.2 out of a dodge dakota work in 94 jeep grandcherokee?

Update:

thanks for both of the answers but i would like to know what dale means by the custom work?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes but be prepared to do a lot of custom work to fit the engine and hook up the fuel, computer and electrical systems.

• 1 decade ago

If the jeep had a 5.2, it will work, You will have to use the exhaust manifolds from the jeep, and you will have to put the oil pump and oil pan from jeep on new motor because the pans are different, and the strainer on the oil pump fits the pan, not sure if youll have to swap the acc. brackets over, just have the old engine on hand, IT WILL WORK IF THE JEEP HAD A 318 IN IT

Source(s): Jeep Tech
  • 1 decade ago

It will work only if you move the engine with its gearbox, transfer case and computer. Minor problems with the installation of the package, real brainstorming to get the computer working. Unless you know someone who is a certified electrician for dodge.

• 1 decade ago

Of course it will, but you're going to have to pay for a custom-made exhaust system.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i own a repair shop,,and they are different In a few ways ,,i had a customer try this and he said they wouldn't work,,i my self haven't tried it ,,but i tend to agree with him,,they do look different,,good luck i hope this help,s.

Source(s): been a certified mechanic for 36 yrs.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.