How exactly does Craigslist.com make money?

It does not have advertisements on it and does not charge to post a listing or purchase through a listing, yet the owners have been offered billions of dollars to sell it. Is that value based on current income that the site generates? Or is it based on the value that it could generate with ads?

Favorite Answer

Well, five or six years ago, I asked people what was the right way to make some money. The consensus was to charge people who already paid too much for less effective ads. Specifically, they said, okay to charge for help wanted ads and for real estate ads.

We now charge for job ads ina few cities, considering more, and for apartment rental listings in NYC. The latter was asked for by the people we charge.

Craig

craig@craigslist.org

Well

Penny stocks, also known as cent stocks in some countries, are common shares of small public companies that trade at low prices per share. They are notoriously risky but if you follow a special method I've learned you can earn good money at almost no risk. This is the site I use: http://pennystocks.toptips.org

I definitely recommend subscribing to this site in particular. Very good research, quality stocks. I was a bit weary of penny stocks from all the bad hype they receive but this guy is pretty legit. He's put my mind at ease with a lot of the fears I've had. I especially like that he doesn't send out announcements left and right. I've signed up for other websites that fill my in-box with one company after the other. I don't know where to even start with so many choices in front of me! Nathan sends me one idea a week and that's all I need. Working so many hours during the week leaves me with very little time when I get home to start doing tons of penny stock research. I'm always eager to see what Nathan's next suggestion is each Friday and I love having time on the weekend to do my research.

As said above if you want to make money with penny stocks you have to follow some proven methods. This one in my opinion is the best: http://pennystocks.toptips.org

Maybe they are going public on the stock market and they are not after the instant profit..Have you check to see if they have applied ..Its public info you know.

They only have 22 employee's..It could of been agreed that the only pay they will get is the stock market money.

Think about it... If it starts off as a penny stock..and it goes to 32 like ebay is at now...and each had a million shares.. Each would be rich and then they could sell the company and make even more..Maybe they are seriously trying to be a GOOD company and not screw their employee's.

Source(s): Just my opinion

they don't charge for certain types of ads, there are plenty of ads they do charge for I know because I wanted to post an employment ad last year.

The value is based on income usually, in this particular case since the guy is a true hippy and not into making a bunch of money it could very well be based on potential income, you would have to ask the company that did the valuation and offered to purchase.

Penny stocks are loosely categorized companies with share prices of below $5 and with market caps of under $200 million. They are sometimes referred to as "the slot machines of the equity market" because of the money involved. There may be a good place for penny stocks in the portfolio of an experienced, advanced investor, however, if you follow this guide you will learn the most efficient strategies https://tr.im/ed075

For things like corporate headhunting for jobs, the companies pay CL a certain fee based on the level of the job, since they know CL has a very wide userbase.

We have a Costco mag with Craig on the cover. I'll see if I can find it.

it doesnt make money