does anybody here file the Form 9465, i'm just confused at question# 8?

Enter the tax year for which you are making this request.

what year should i put, its a 2004 tax return but of course i filled at 2005.

2 Answers

  • ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    The year that goes in box #8 is the year of the return that you are requesting installment payments for. A Form 9465 is submitted with each individual return so on the 2004 year return the 9465 would show 2004 in box #8. For 2003 returns 2003 should be in box #8 of the 9465. It makes no difference what year you are really filing in.

  • 1 decade ago

    It's the tax year that your request is for. The same year that would be on your w-2 if that helps.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.