Why is the man that I was previously dating so unsure of what he wants w/me?

I have been dating this guy 4 about year.We just recently got a little more serious.I had a talk w/him telling him that he was slacking off and if we were gonna contiue that he needed to step his game up.He agreed and seem to be interested in doing so.Well he got distance and went totally against what he said he'd do.Then I confronted him again and he made the statement that "Its all about him"so I let him have that and told him dont worry about me contacting him ever and I didnt.He later calls me a few days later asking me "Hows my day going"Im like WTF? what do u want and I got off the phone.Someone tell me whats really going on?

Favorite Answer

you feel in his idle time but he has yet to see you as a partner, either show him you are all that or move on, best wishes

he was probably unsure and scared of commitment, most guys are, if you really like him just bear it, and keep it going slow for him, he will get used to the idea of commitment

because he really doesn't want to be serious with you but he doesn't want to let you go either. you get the picture....he wants to have his cake and eat it too. if you want something more serious i suggest you dead him and go find what you want. life is too short to be wasting time on idiots like him.