Villain asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Who is MORE progressive.....the usa or the EU?

Oh, I think the EU is.

Favorite Answer

Obviously the EU. Every country in the EU has universal health care and education, retirement benefits at a reasonable, living level, high minimum wages, ecological considerations, etc. The US has not done anything progressive (other than Clinton's exectutive order as he was on his way out of office setting aside wilderness in Alaska to National Park status) in a very long time. The last progressive thing that happened here was probably the result of the civil rights movement of the 60's and 70's!

The proof is, as they say, in the pudding. Everyone is doing better financially there, the economy is going through the roof, the Euro just keeps climbing, and this has been going on for 30 years in most of the EU states!

Currently, the participating countries of the EU support more policies that would traditionally be called progressive, i.e. civil liberties, universal healthcare, education, etc.

The U.S. administration's current actions of trying to ban gay marriage via the constitution, holding out on the Kyoto protocol, and promoting the teaching of Intelligent Design are definite signs of a lack of progression in U.S. policy.

• MEL T

As a political movement? The EU. Whether or not the Progressive movement translates into beneficial progress has yet to be seen.

I don't think either is very progressive anymore. Many in the US obsess over "family values" and "political correctness." Many in Europe want to revert to the policies of the late 1930s, particularly appeasement of Jew-haters.

How about neither. One man's progression is another man's regression.

Source(s): Monkey lib freaks me out a little...I mean's you know he's cute like a chimp should be....but I don't know something in the eyes...

like you we monkey libs hate America with a passion so we (like you) haters choose EU

Europe, unfortunately.

The US isn't what it used to be. :(

Let's hope the ideals of Christ return soon enough.