Elana asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 1 decade ago

Should this company be held to account?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzu9M6dUCac

Youtube thumbnail

&mode=related&search=

What standards of journalism should apply? Are there standards

at all here?

Update:

FYI, this is not an issue of retractions.

This network is not admitting to any errors.

The line "Everybody does it" is not an

answer to the question - the question was

should this company be held to account.

If so, how?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • rascal
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you take a look around, calmly you will notice that American people are being spoon fed. They probably would stand up and defend their(fox news) position as not wanting to alarm the public. The attitude that is most prevalent today is that we can't handle the truth, so we must not know it. Then when things of this nature get out to the general populace, it can be pointed out that we are paranoid.

I understand it is hard to present information to the public without some kind of bias, but that is beyond reason. It is the American Public who is at fault for allowing this to go on. As long as their ratings stay high, and they keep making money, they will continue to spoon feed those who have forgotten how to use their brain, and think for themselves.

• 1 decade ago

Standards of journalism, or should I say ethics are fading away. It's a sad, but true fact. Money is what rules now. Don't get me wrong, there are still some fabulous journalists out there, but even the good ones are facing pressures that even they never imagined.

News has to be quick, flashy and preferably have a soundtrack attached.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.