If i took a cell phone to germany would it work?

I have midwest wireless, its a small company. I dont think it would work would it?

• Sir J
    Favorite Answer

No. You can rent one while you are there for the duration of your stay.

You will need a GSM phone, All of Europe is GSM, if have cingular should work, hate to pay that bill , T mobile...sprint has some phone you can rent or something like that...best bet ....buy a pay as you go type phone in Europe..or get one of the cheap go phones from cingular...only like 20 bucks and is a GSM phone..like I said, find a pay as you go type phone in Europe..good luck

Source(s): ATS sprint Tech

It would work if the phone is a GSM pgone (uses a SIM card that is put in the phone) and uses all four GSM frequencies (a world phone). So unless those four are met than no it wouldn't work.

Depends on the phone, quad band covers everything

• Lisa E

Nope. Not unless you buy a chip that will allow you to send and receive international calls.

I doubt it,if it did,wow,the BILL!!!Buy a phone card at Sam's or wal mart,they are cheap and I use them when I travel abroad!

no it will not!! my friend went to germany last month and no one could reach her nor could she reach any one...got to use a hotel or public phone with a phone card or something!

nope

• if it's a quad band sure .