Catcanscratch asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

I DO NOT LIKE DOGS!! Why do people keep trying to give them to me???

I don't want a dog - I wouldn't hurt them but people are always telling me I NEED one!!! I am disabled, have a wonderful cat & am happy.....My Mom used to breed Rotts & I trained them....I think that is why people always try to get me to take them, I even had someone drop a sick lab behind my fence when I was about to go on a trip!!! By the time I got back he was unsavable & I felt guilty!!!

How can I tell people I do not want their dogs that they are sick of???

Favorite Answer

I understand where you're coming from.

Perhaps the companionship of a dog is something they think you might enjoy. I have dogs but, like you, thoroughly enjoy the presence and companionship of my kitty cats =)

As far as how to tell them you don't want their unwanted pets...

well... sometimes you just have to be frank with people. Tell them you're not interested in owning dogs again but you appreciate the offer.

Because you're disabled, maybe people think that you need a dog to help you out.

Are these people who give you dogs friends or strangers? If they're your friends, just tell them all that you don't want or need a dog. As for strangers, put up a sign on your front door telling them not to drop off unwanted dogs, and include the number of the local humane society.

You'll have to be firm and let them know that you aren't a dog person. People tend to try to force you to do things by playing on your sympathy... but you have to stand up for yourself and do what's right for you. Look them straight in the eye and tell them they'll have to find somewhere else to take the dogs. Good luck!!

Simply say thank you ,but i'm not ready for a dog in my life right now.

tell them hey I dont like dogs so PLEASE dont try to give them to me or write on a pice of paper I hate dogs and put it in your front door

• Robots

hang up a sign in front of your house.

say to them..no thanks, i have a cat..and don't want to have a dog right now.

people keep telling us to get dogs..i have 4 cats..i say no thanks i'm happy with my cats.