Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

my brother is stopping me from having a relationship?

my brother is way older then me and he says that i can't go out with boys. He thinks that if i lose a little weight that boy will be all over me so he teases me and says that ooo your fat im skinny thing

of course i had a boyfriend but i broke up with him

but the thing is if a boy call he will tell my mom and i will get in trouble

im 14 what should i do?

Favorite Answer

its nice to have a caring brother but h really needs to but out!! I mean you are 14!!! I think by now you know what do do if you got in bad situation. Your brother is probably worried about you and just doesnt want to see you get hurt. I'm wondering though is your mom ok with you having boyfriends? Because if she is you brother definitely needs to but out. I am 13 and i have a younger sister. i always worry about her with the guys she dates but she is a big girl and i trust her. You just have to stop caring what your brother thinks and have a littlle fun. try talking to your brother and maybe set upa deal that when you have a boyfriend you will tell him and/or let him meet him as long as he is fair about what comments ha makes to the guy. (and that he wont embarrass you) Your brother just needs to realize that you are gonna grow up whether he likes it or not. Stand up for yourself and let him know that you dont appreciate what he is doing. he needs to realize that kids these days start dating at young ages. and that 14 is definitely not young!!! and the "fat-skinny" thing hes says just means he doesnt know what to say.

tell him to get his own life. just bcuz he might not be where he wants in life doens mean he needs to take over yours.

i hope i helped!!!

tell me if things work out

-k-

Source(s): ME!!!!!

Omfg, your brother doesn't have the right to control your crushes and love. It's natural and he teases you because of how fat you are? that is so rude, I would tell your mom cuz I wouldnt let that bullshit happen to me.

MY OLDER CUZ IS THE SAME WAY !! HE IS 19 I AM 14 HE DOES IT ALL THE TIME !! I CANT EVEN TALK ABOUT BOYS BY HIM!! I FOUND OUT A WAY TO THOUGH !! I FOUND A BOY THAT I REALLY LIKE THAT HE FINALLY LIKES !! IT TOOK ME FOREVER THOUGH CAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR BUT NOW I CAN TALK TO ANYBODY REALLY

listen to ur bro. bf's rn't worth the fight it sounds like ur gonna have just trying to get one. don't get boy crazy for a year, and by then everything will have calmed down. its also a good thing to play dump,and b like "yes, so this guy at skool likes me, but i don't think i want to go out w/ him b/c he would b bad for me...." l8r, w/ a guy u actually like say "this guys been helping me w/ w/e class, and hes starting to like me, but he totally respects that i can't date- but i was wondering if u meet him, could i mayb go out with him..." and b a total suck up, it works every time

so let him but can't know nobody stop you from doing what you want to do so maye he is trying to protect you and keep you from making a mistakes brother sometimes do that when they are older be glad that he love you good luck