How many that say they live by the Bible actually do?

Many people state that they live by the Bible yet they do things that contradict it all the time. Are they actually living by it or only saying that to make themselves seem self righteous. People make the Bible fit their lives, not their lives fit the Bible.

Favorite Answer

You are absolutely correct. On this side of heaven, we are ridiculously inept at being like Christ. But then again, that is precisely why we need a Savior.

On our own, we are helpless. It is only through the presence of the Holy Spirit, and our eyes remaining focused on Christ, that we are remotely able to do anything worthy of mention.

The difference is, we have recognized our spiritual bankruptcy, and have gone to court. Our debt has been paid, and we are now unburdened by what chained us in the past. We are merely beggars telling other beggars where to find bread.

Nobody lives completely by the bible. We are all imperfect and we do stupid, selfish, hurtful things. That doesn't mean we don't appreciate the wisdom collected there. Nor does it mean that we don't recognize the wisdom of living by it.

The way I look at it is, the world is better off if I live by the Bible's teachings as much as possible than it would be if I totally gave up and gave in to my darker desires.

Does that make me a hypocrite? Probably yes in the strictest sense of the term. But we do what we can and hope for the best. Imperfect people who demand perfection in others are bound to be disappointed.

I say, be happy people do as well as they do.

Oh, let's not be quite so harsh, okay? I'm sure you make errors in your life, too. I want to do everything God would have me do, but I don't always. I know many Christians who love Jesus but do and say things they wish they hadn't too.

And speak for yourself, about making the bible fit our lives, not living our lives by the bible. That is not how I live at all, neither is it the way the people at my church live.

Sheesh, what a fault finder!

I suppose you are right, at least in part. But, I know a lot of people who love God and they are trying to live according to the Bible. However, we all sin and fall short of the glory of God, as the scripture states. So, until Jesus comes, we will still be battling our sin nature, making mistakes and needing forgiveness. I thank God that He has made a way, because I know I'm not perfect, nor will I be in this earthly life.

People are hypocritical by nature. Ones engrossed in the Bible, it is multiplied 100 fold. I mean honestly in this day and time, who COULD live by that load of crap? Least they could do is update it. People hear and believe what they want to, if they don't like it they warp it to fit their needs. Humans as a whole suck.

it appears that less and less people live by the bible though they claim that they do. but they fool themselves. i believe "rationalization" is the word that best describes your last sentence that: People make the Bible fit their lives, not their lives fit the Bible.

• BP

Humans aren't perfect, can't be perfect and as long as they live in these contaminated bodies will never be perfect. That is why The Christ had to forgive us and is actively forgiving us for all the stupid stuff that humans are apt to do. He sure is a great guy to hang in there and keep forgiving us so much. Thank you Jesus!

we all try our best to live by GOD,s word. ya some times we fall short but GOD forgives us for that. at least 99% of all people in this whole world fall short of something. GOD knows that we are not perfect. he is a forgiving GOD so when we fall short he forgives us.we do not try to make our selves self righteous people. we just try to live the way GOD wonts us to live. you should not judge us christians

Nobody is perfect, even you. Do you know the contents of the Bible. If not, how can you judge others based on what you think.

Actually not many because we are Christians who are saved by grace grace,and so you see grace is a gift from god that makes us holy and worthy to stand in the presence of a holy god,because grace is god's kindness and love shown to us even though we do not deserve them.