Do you hate it when celebrities do commercials?

I mean mainly celebrities with major star status like Catherine Zeta-Jones with those phone commercials.

• Amelia
    Favorite Answer

Yes. Simply because they are selling a product that, in most cases, they don't even use. I find this terribly irresponsible and I have no respect for someone who would do that. Take Pantene for instance. It is a terrible shampoo. I've yet to meet a person in the hair care industry who hasn't warned me against using that shampoo. Yet, many celebrity women have done commericals or magazine adds for this shampoo. I simply do not believe these women would use such a damaging shampoo.

Also, we live in Japan. Bruce Willis is the Eneos Man. Eneos is a chain of gas stations in Japan. How often do you think Bruce Willis, who lives in the states, fills up his car at an Eneos station?

Many celebrities do commercials mostly in Japan. I've seen commercials with Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio who would never do commercials in the USA.

John and Yoko did a noodle soup commercial in Japan long ago.

I recognize it, I do really love too see my favorite celebs doing a commercial for Pantene, l'Oréal, etc... because it's one more occasion for me too see them on TV. I also do realize that most of the time, they don't even care about the product, they are doing the ad only to promote themselves or for a little push in their upcoming movie... that sound pretty sad!

• Beck

Well, I don't hate it, but I do find myself thinking "Hmm...are these the only gigs these celebrities can get or what? Desperate for money and selling out?" and also wonder about the company "Hmm...is this what they have to resort to to sell their product?"

No,all people in commercials are actors.Most of them are just not famous.

• Nike W

After a while it gets kinda old. But then after a while i get used to it too. But yeah, it's kinda annoying sumtimes.

I find GEICO commercials very annoying!

not really i mean it brings attention to it you really don't look at commercials unless somethign catches your eyes

Nah, that's what they get paid to do. Why would you hate someone who is doing their job?

Well, they do need something in their spare time.