Is popcorn bad for you?

I'm 14 and i'm planning on excersising for about 45 min day. i don't eat very much junkfood, i eat pretty healthy. but i usually do have popcorn every odd day or so. is this bad for you and will it stop me from losing weight? thanks!

Favorite Answer

Popcorn is actually a good snack (low in calories ) unless you cook it ina lot of butter. Popcorn is a good cooked in oil and not a lot of salt. I usually cook mine in oil with just a small spoon of melted butter to add flavor. Try that!

Is Popcorn Bad For You

Popcorn is a good snack food for someone who is watching what they eat. BUT you must choose the lower fat versions. Be smart, try the light popcorn, as opposed to the movie theater extra butter variety. Popcorn is also a pretty good source of fiber, so it will take less to fill you up. Have you ever tried kettle korn? Jolly Time make a 94% fat free kettle korn that is delicious! Kettle Korn has the salty and sweet tastes all in one, so it can satisfy your sweet tooth, as well as your salty craving!!

Decaf coffee is a good low-calorie fluid when you're having cravings (and a terrific source of antioxidants).

Do your trips to market with a list and a period of time limit; that way, you're more unlikely to stray into the ready-made foods section.

Use a vegetable bean dip for example hummus instead of ranch dressing or possibly a fatty cream-based dip.

Do your trips to market with a list and an occasion limit; that way, you're more unlikely that to stray into the prepared foods section.

Decaf coffee is a great low-calorie fluid when you're having cravings (and a great source of antioxidants).

Eating liquid-based foods such while natural smoothies and low-sodium soup may help you cut back on calories yet feel full.

It depends on a lot of other factors, as well. If you have Syndrome X and consuming carbs is problematic, then it can be bad for you. If you're exercising to build muscle (which will burn more fat), it's good to get a good percentage of your calories from protein.

When I control my carbs, it clears up a host of other problems for me.