Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & Body · 1 decade ago

First Few Weeks of Proactiv?

What should I expect in the first few weeks of using this product? I've been using it for 12 days now, I have a little burning feeling for about 15-30 minutes after I use it and then I experience a little dryness. I haven't had a new pimple since I've been using it.

Favorite Answer

That's what happens the first few weeks. I think that your skin needs time to get used to the product. But seriously, I URGE you to keep using it. I used it for like, 3 weeks, and I haven't had a pimple in almost a year!

I use it too...mine worked right away and I havent had a new pimple for ages......my suggestion is to keep with it for a while, use a mosturizer (there should be one with your starter kit) to help with dryness, and use it twice a day.

i hated ProActiv.

a product shouldn't burn your face.

i use AcneFree and it never made my skin burn .. never made my skin feel dry. 3 days and i had perfectly clear skin and it was soft and smooth.

AcneFree is cheaper than ProActiv and you can buy it at Walgreens, Target or Walmart.

just stick it out. if you are consistent, it will work. it might take more or less time for you than others; it depends. and drink lots of water! also if your face continues to dry out, u could try only using the reparing lotion at night...

every thing take time don't stop using it after sometime it will work continue using it,

• Amanda

Try acnefree... it's way better than proactive and it doesnt burn!

thats what happend to me 2 and i just stoped using it. use clearacel it works so much better!!!