what is a non chemical weed killer to use on a gravel walkway?

Favorite Answer

Spray the weeds with white vinegar. It's not permanent like the chemicals but they eventually get the hint.

Not sure of your reasoning but I have used bleach in a spray bottle to spray directly on the weeds on my sidewalk and it works. The rain will wash it away and pets do not like the smell so they wont go licking at it, kids are a different story, just keep them away and do sections at a time. Since bleach is water soluble the EPA can not complain.

Urine!

When you have to go just pick a weed! After about 6 or 8 applications the weed will die!

Source(s): Raised on a farm!

we have found pouring boiling water on the weeds work wonderfully. I heat up some water in the kettle and pour on it and by evening you will not believe the weeds are there as it dries up in no time.

Don't know what they're called, but you can get these flame things that burn the weeds.

• Cosmos

White vinegar, straight away!

USE ROCK SALT! I KNOW IT SOUNDS FUNNY BUT IF YOU SPRINKLE ROCK SALT DOWN AND WATER IT IN WEEDS WON'T GROW FOR A LONG TIME.

• Have you considered vinegar?

Source(s): I read this in a home and garden article somewhere, but I don't remember my exact source.

just burn them off