If i install Northon Antivirus will my computer .......................?

be protected from emails...For exaple i have emails with attached files but i cant open them because it says there might be a virus.

By installin Northon will i be able 2 view it???

Favorite Answer

you should be able to, on norton options you will find it there, put a check in the box for emails

if a program is preventing you from opening a program, uninstall that program, its probably spyware/adware. If the program is relted to the security programs, such as Norton Antivirus, disable it so you can open it.....If you use Outlook or Outlook Express for your Emails, get an antispam program as well.

Just because it says there might be a virus, doesn't mean there is...Ifyou use yahoo or MSN, they usually have software that scans the emails before they get into your inbox.

It's doubtful, the email program already tells you you have a virus, Norton will just tell you the same. The program doesn't clean viruses, it just isolates them so they can't infect your computer

Worst program ever, takes over your computer, causes failures, get McAfee or the new Windows One Care is good ! $ 40. at Walmart!

~ Never open an email from someone you don't know ...

~ That's the best and costly antivirus of all time!

sorry mate, it might sound radical to many other users who'll read it, but Morton is just not good enough for me and they make you pay. i've been using AVAST (free) for more than one year of downloading music and movies and my PC is still all happy.

http://www.download.com/Avast-Home-Edition/3000-22...

• SdM

I doubt it